I woke up this morning and realized 2013 was over and I almost wanted to cry.
This year has been the craziest year of my life and also one of the best. I became an Adult, I got engaged, I moved to a new country, I GOT MARRIED, . . . It’s just crazy. So much has happened is such a short 365 days and it’s crazy. I’ve almost been in Canada for 6 months now and I honestly just can’t wrap my head around how quickly time flies.
This time last year I was preparing to head to Canada for the first time to visit Colby and his family. I didn’t think that a year from then I’d be living here spending the next New Year’s eve with Colby in beautiful British Columbia.
This past year I’ve learned so much, I’ve grown, I’ve matured and I’ve taken some steps that other people thought was crazy. . . that even I thought at times were crazy. I’ve learned that in order to live, you have to take chances, no matter what anyone else says. I’ve learned to believe in myself and that I am capable of SO MUCH more than I ever imagined. I’ve learned that it’s ok to cry and it’s ok to change your mind. I’ve learned that there is truly no place like home and that your family is the most important thing you have – even if it takes 3,000 miles to come to that realization.
I’ve learned to humble myself, shut my mouth, trust others and forgive (and they are a continual process that I guess I will carry onto my new years resolutions for 2014. . .hah) I’ve learned that love knows no distance, there are selfless people in this world and that angels really do exist on earth.
Getting married to Colby has been the highlight of my year and one of the best decisions I have ever made. The influence he is in my life keeps me pushing forward and gives me the motivation I need to start another day despite how homesick or fed up I am. I could go on and on about everything I love about him, because he is so great. I love him so much, more than I ever thought possible to love something and it’s so magical and makes me so happy. I’m STOKED to be starting a new year with him and see where the year leads us!
I have some pretty big goals for 2014
1. Colby and I have decided to get fit! We want to take a cruise in 2015-2016 for a real honeymoon and we both want to be hott! (classic resolution I know I know)
2. We have also set a goal to go to Europe in 2020-2021 – before we start having kids. So savings is a big thing!
3. I want to become a permanent resident of Canada! (Not that I have too much control over this but hey – enthusiasm! :)
4. Visit Roanoke and renew my wedding vows to Colby and celebrate with my family and friends from home.
5. Take a beginners course in French
6. Be able to move into our own apartment (After permanent residency is established)
Here’s to also hoping that most of these aren’t forgotten by February! ;)
I’m pretty excited about the new year, wishing all my friends and family a happy one! Here’s to writing the wrong date on everything for the next month!
I love you all!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!